Welcome to the Bitcoin Lighthouse newsletter.
📈 Bitcoin Price
🌡️ 21Towers Temperature
The 21Towers Bitcoin Temperature remains unchanged at 2.05, near the Extreme Fear zone. We continue to be Greedy when the market is in Fear. To see how we calculate this, click here.
- 🇩🇪 Deutsche Bank to hold crypto for institutional clients
- 💸 Fund giant Franklin Templeton plots spot bitcoin ETF
- 🇯🇵 Japan’s largest bank launches Bitcoin fund
- 🤝 Crypto world lands in Singapore for Token2049
- 📅 Bitcoin price on 19th September through the years
🇩🇪 Deutsche Bank to hold crypto for institutional clients
...Deutsche Bank will, for the first time, be able to hold a limited number of cryptocurrencies for its clients, as well as tokenised versions of traditional financial assets, a Deutsche Bank spokesperson said.
- Deutsche Bank has partnered with Swiss crypto firm Taurus to provide custody services for institutional clients' cryptocurrencies and tokenized assets.
- This will allow Deutsche Bank to hold a limited number of cryptocurrencies for clients for the first time, as well as tokenized traditional financial assets.
- Crypto trading is not in Deutsche Bank's immediate plans, but they stated interest in offering crypto trading back in 2020.
- Various banks, including Standard Chartered, BNY Mellon and Societe Generale, offer crypto custody services.
💸 Fund giant Franklin Templeton plots spot bitcoin ETF
- Franklin Templeton joins list of financial institutions who have filed for a spot Bitcoin ETF with the SEC.
- Bitcoin holdings will be custodied with Coinbase Custody Trust Company.
- Franklin Templeton joins other major asset managers like BlackRock and Fidelity pursuing spot Bitcoin ETFs.
- Comes after Grayscale's recent court victory against the SEC on Bitcoin ETF rejection.
🇯🇵 Japan’s largest bank launches Bitcoin fund
- Japan's largest bank Nomura's subsidiary Laser Digital launched a Bitcoin adoption fund for institutional investors.
- Allows institutional investors exposure to Bitcoin via established finance.
- Shows growing confidence in Bitcoin's role in institutional portfolios.
🤝 Crypto world lands in Singapore for Token2049
- Last week, Singapore hosted Token2049, one of the biggest crypto conferences in Asia.
- There were two interesting Bitcoin side events which we attended - Ordinals Summit and Building On Bitcoin.
- Almost 10,000 people attended the event. There were no signs of the bear market.
📅 Bitcoin price on 19th September through the years
2023 - 📉 $27,200
2022 - 📊 $19,480
2021 - 📈 $47,776
2020 - 🚀 $11,035
2019 - 🌟 $9,968
2018 - 🍂 $6,338
2017 - 🍁 $6,338
2016 - 🌱 $608
2015 - 🌲 $232
2014 - 🌳 $404
2013 - 🌿 $126
2012 - 🍀 $12
2011 - 🌼 $5
2010 - 🐣 $0.06
If you invested just $1 in #Bitcoin in 2010, it would be worth around $486,666 in 2023.
Cohort 3 of our Bitcoin Masterclass starts on 27th October. There's an early bird offer if you enroll by 15th October.
👨🏫 Learn Bitcoin
Watch one of the best Bitcoin explanations.
✒️ Famous Quotes
When I first heard about Bitcoin, I thought it was impossible. How can you have a purely digital currency? Can’t I just copy your hard drive and have your bitcoins? I didn’t understand how that could be done, and then I looked into it and it was brilliant.
– Jeff Garzik